Letterpress Version History
1.3 - Jan 27, 2013
- Shake-to-shuffle. Select some letters, then shake your phone. My wife told me to mention that she invented that. She also invented a dance to go with it (but that feature is just for me).
- You can now choose to view replays directly in Safari (or Chrome if you swing that way).
- Tap on empty spaces in the letter grid to wiggle the letter that came from that spot.
- If you try to play a word when it's not your turn, Letterpress will tell you if it's invalid. Like proper nouns. And proper nouns. Those still aren't allowed.
- New high-contrast theme.
- Tweaked icon.
- Show the number of words played on the played words screen.
- Spit, polish.
1.2 - Dec 17, 2012
- Share Replays! Now you can tweet, post, email or just hoard links to your games and show off yer skillz! (Requires iOS 6)
- CHRISTMAS is a proper noun. It's not allowed. Bah humbug.
- Loads of little tweaks.
- Improved dictionary.
- Handle orientation changes on iPad better.
- Clarified the “prefix” rule in the How To Play. Apparently the word “prefix” means something different to programmers and grammar geeks! The rule is actually really simple; it has nothing to do with roots, stems, definitions, moon cycles, or latin derivations. It's boils down to: no words found at the beginning of a previously played word. Easy.
- People read these. Neat. If I were smart I'd monetize all over your eyeballs.
1.1 — Nov 16, 2012
- Rematch! (requires iOS 6 or newer)
- Option to silence sounds. FYI I worked really hard on those sounds. No, no, go ahead, turn off the sounds if you want.
- Added words to the dictionary (and removed a few goofs).
- Fixed “Tell a Friend” via Facebook. People use Facebook?
- Clearer instructions. Yes, days of the week are proper nouns. No, they are not allowed.
- Handle server errors a bit better. CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT'S SOME GNARLY CODE.
- Fewer bugs! Not that I'm saying there were any bugs before. But there are definitely fewer now.
- Fixed syncing deleted games across devices.
- Tiles are now tappier when you tap tiles fast. Tap tappity tap tap.
- I like cookies.
- Send Game Center friend requests right from the app! Holy moly! So cool! Friend your friends with the friendlier friender!
- In-app purchases are less forgetful.
- Does anybody read these? Helloooooo?
1.0 — Oct 24, 2012