A lot of people stay confused about which therapy is a better one to treat the chronic or simple back as well as hip pains. Every professional has a different view set to share. Some believe heat therapy as best where some take cold or ice therapy as best. In the end, one has to realize that both the therapies have positives and negatives. Most of the athletes don’t shy away before stepping into the cold bucket of water in order to heal their injury. If they are doing, it means it has some perks.
Both the therapies offer a certain type of relief. It is said that, “Heat helps soothe stiff joints and relax muscles, where Cold helps numb sharp pain and reduce inflammation.” Several companies are introducing products relating to both the therapies to offer the best solution. One of them performing well in category of cold therapy is Breg polar care which offers a great solution to almost all kind of pain.
Cryotherapy also known as cold therapy is comparatively a new practice started in the market, it is trending because of the positive impact it has shared with some of the people. However thinking sitting in a cold bathtub or tank gives shivers even before stepping into it, still some of the recognised name in the industry including our Ice Man a.k.a. Wim Hof.
What should you know?
- The latest trend or popular in- demand technique involves staying in the Cryotherapy booth for at least 3-5 minutes. Else there are products like Breg polar care to offer the solution.
- The therapy can be used for different parts for different reasons, pain is one among them.
- As you have believed the therapy is not about whole body therapy only.
- Earlier days it was treated as a non-medical treatment in Spas, etc. however it is getting promoted in medical establishments as well.
- So far doctors have applied this therapy for other causes instead of pain relief.
- With time the therapy works wonders as the body adjusts to the extremely low temperatures.
- The technique has so far proved itself as a safe step still consulting a doctor prior to treatment will be a better choice.
Note: Pregnant women, children, people with severe high blood pressure, and people with heart conditions should not try cryotherapy.
After going through most of the discussions about the advantages and disadvantages of both the therapies, here are some benefits of Cold therapy to offer relief in case of lower back as well as hip pain.
- Pain relief and healing:
It is believed that and has been proven also that cold therapy helps in getting relief from most kind of pains, from head to back pain. It also accelerates the healing process of the muscle after injuries. If you think back for normal hit and bruises, we always use an ice- pack at homes.
“A study published in 2000 found that cryotherapy offered temporary relief from the pain of rheumatoid arthritis. The research found that cryotherapy with ice packs could reduce the damaging effects of intense exercise. People who used cryotherapy also reported less pain.
- Weight Reduction:
This benefit is still in discussion. Many people have supported the claims that they do lose weight with the help of therapy where some are exceptions to the rule. As per the therapy enthusiasts the cold helps in enhancing the metabolism for the whole day which helps in weight reduction.
Inflammation is basically body’s fighting mechanism. However sometimes body becomes highly reactive which leads to chronic inflammation hence cause severe health issues including cancer, diabetes, depression, dementia, and arthritis.
- Nursing Student Tips for Success
- 10 Beauty Tips for Women over 40 to Stay Youthful
- Need Cash Fast? 13 Things You Can Pawn
- Vehicle accident damages in California and incapable to go to work and essential to get money
- Stocking Success: How To Become a Triumphant Forex Trader in 2020
- A Beginner’s Guide to Learn How to Fix Cars
- Why the World Needs More Empathetic Leaders Today?
- When is the Right Time to Buy Instagram Likes?
- How to Find the Best Exchange Rates Abroad
- How to Draw Easily and Fast in Adobe Photoshop (for Novices)
“Some studies suggest that cryotherapy can reduce inflammation. As such, reducing inflammation could also improve overall health and reduce the risk of numerous chronic ailments.”
- Dementia & Cancer:
As stated in above point both of the diseases are mainly caused because of the chronic inflammation in the body. The cold therapy helps in reducing the said inflammation which eventually helps in curing or controlling the chronic diseases like dementia and cancer.
“Medical cryotherapy is a well-established treatment for certain forms of cancer. A doctor might use cryotherapy to freeze off cancer cells on the skin or cervix and occasionally to remove other cancers.”
“Cold therapy can help patients achieve normal function after soft tissue trauma at a much faster rate.”
Rohit Bimbrahw is currently working as the Project Manager at Home HealthCare Shoppe; the medical supply extension of Port Coquitlam’s Wilson Pharmacy. At Home Healthcare Shoppe, we believe that with great health and wellbeing, anyone can live a fun and purposeful life.