Everybody desires to have a skin full of life, a skin that glows naturally. However, to have glowing skin, you require taking good care of it. Let’s have a look at a secret food that is packed with amazing skin benefits. The pumpkin!
Pumpkin makes amazing facial masks. It is packed with enzymes that exfoliate the dead skin cells naturally, and it as well contains vitamins and beta-carotene, which are excellent in soothing the skin. Pumpkin contains;
- Antioxidants combined vitamin A, C, E are used to incase sunburns and wrinkles. It also helps in the removal of free radicals.
- Fruit enzymes that are used to naturally remove all the dead skin, while Potassium and Zinc are used to fight any redness. They remove all the blemishes, hyperpigmentation and removes acne scars making the skin glow.
- Pumpkin has also foliate that helps in improving blood circulation hence makes the skin healthier as it helps in skin cell regeneration.
- It has moisturizers that nourish the skin as it enhances the absorption of essential nutrients
- Carotenoids give the pumpkin the orange as well as protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays and skin texture
Pumpkin seeds have vitamin E and essential fatty acids that are good for skin as well in the regulation of sebum. It also contains active ingredients used for skin tones, reduction of pores control skin oil, and prevention of pimples and blackheads.
The natural enzymes are also used in getting rid of the skin cells. These enzymes’ are used in some skincare beauty products as it soothes and softens dry, cracked feet, and hands. To get a good result, you can mix two tablespoons of pumpkin mask and two tablespoons of Vaseline for dry skin therapy. It can be applied on the feet every night as you put cotton socks for moisturization. There are lots of ways of making Pumpkin mask that gives you glowing skin, and you won’t need to make use of other branded beauty products
DIY Basic pumpkin mask for all skin types
This is the most recommended recipe by the dermatologist. It is done by mixing together a cup of pumpkin, one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of sugar and a half cup of yogurt. Yogurt and sugar are to remove the dry skin cells and the honey is used to moisturize. You spread it on the face as you let settle for about 10 minutes, then wash with lukewarm water and dry your face.
DIY Pumpkin face mask for dry skin
Mix 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree with one teaspoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of honey, and one whole egg. Mix them until you get a smooth paste and apply on your face. Leave it for around 20 minutes; rinse it, and then dry your face. In dry skin cases, it is always recommended to add honey to the pumpkin face mask as it keeps your skin moist.
DIY Facial mask for oily skin
Pumpkin contains alpha-hydroxy acids that work well on oily skin. If the skin is oily, you can use honey, but you can add some apple cider vinegar that will help in restoring your skin PH balance
You combine ¼ cup of pumpkin puree, whole egg, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mix them to make a smooth paste apply it on the face. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then rinse and dry.
DIY Pumpkin & Glycolic Acid Mask
Put a fresh pumpkin puree in a bowl and add a quantity of glycolic acid in it and mix. Then take fresh nutmeg and add a quarter teaspoon of it to this mixture and then mix the ingredients. Then apply to clean skin and let it stay on for around 15 minutes. It will give a calm yet effectual exfoliation. It helps in treating discoloration of the skin, dark spots, and relieves the signs of aging. This pumpkin face mask leaves your skin refreshed and brighter instantly.
All these recipes can be done using fresh pumpkin, though canned pumpkin works well also, and it is a bit handier. Just ensure that your pumpkin contains no added ingredients.
- How You Can Use the FitTrack App Component
- The Evolution of Online Casinos
- 5 Secrets of Writing a Successful Business Research Proposal
- Tips for Finding a Great Mobile Deal in the January Sales
- Super Handy Windows 10 System Tools and Apps to Simplify Your Life
- How To Avoid Taking Out A Car Loan You Can’t Afford
- Is it Worth Getting Your Resume Professionally Written?
- How to Leverage Your Personal Brand Identity to Land the Job You Want
- Beat the Heat This Summer With These Energy Saving Tips
- All You Need to Know About Bitcoin Trading System
Next time you purchase a pumpkin, reserve a quantity of it, and make yourself a DIY pumpkin mask. Your skin will glow naturally and looks like it is full of life. Pumpkin face mask gives you natural skincare foods that come with lots of beauty benefits that makes you have that youthful skin look every time. Do away with the artificial products, such as salon treatments along with masks bought in stores since they are not natural and they are expensive too. Make use of the leftover pumpkin in their place.