Arthritis is an umbrella term used for health ailments characterized by chronic pain in the joints. There are about a hundred types of arthritis diseases based on where the person witnesses the pain. It’s quite a common condition that people generally develop as they get older. However, the exact reason why some people are more prone to developing arthritis than others is still not clear or well understood.
What’s clear is the kind of pain the patient goes through is so severe that it’s capable of interfering with the patient’s day to day life. What starts off as a mild pain slowly progresses with the symptoms getting worse over time. However, this also may differ from person to person.
The most common kind of arthritis is osteoarthritis- a condition where the cartilage between the two adjoining bones degenerates over time causing friction and extreme pain in the joints when the bones move against each other. Here’s a list of common arthritis symptoms to help you understand the condition in a better way.
SYMPTOMS OF ARTHRITIS
- Severe pain
- Swelling in the joints
- Stiffness in the joints
- Increased difficulty in mobility
- Decreased range of motion
These are some symptoms that are common to most kinds of arthritis. No matter what kind of arthritis a person suffers from, the desperateness for the kind of treatment that gives relief from the excruciating pain is common among the patients. Recent researches and studies indicate that a compound called cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, can be helpful in improving some of the symptoms associated with the condition. Here’s more about CBD oil for pain and how it can help people who suffer from arthritis.
WHAT IS CBD
CBD is a compound found in the Cannabis Sativa and Indica plants. It’s one of the many cannabinoids in the plant that has various health benefits. Besides CBD, THC is also a major cannabinoid present in these plants. However, when using CBD oil for pain or other medical reasons, THC should not be present in a CBD product since THC has psychoactive properties.
In fact, it’s THC that imparts the feeling of high and addictiveness when people take marijuana.
Despite the fact that both THC and CBD are cannabinoids that are found in the same plant, CBD does not exhibit the negative effects that THC does. Furthermore, industrially grown hemp plants either contain no amounts of THC or only in traces. So, CBD products that contain less than 0.3% of THC are considered appropriate to be used as a medical aid. CBD products are legal in a number of states, and before you use a CBD product, it’s recommended to check if your state or country has made it legal to use. With that said, here’s how CBD effectively helps people who suffer from arthritis.
- Why You Shouldn’t Search For Casino Apps in the Play Store
- Buying a Car for the First-Time? Here’s What You Need to Know
- 5 Key Ways to Book an Entertainment Job on a Cruise Ship
- Top Five Online Horse Racing Betting Apps
- A Basic Guide To Home Plumbing Systems
- The eBay Entrepreneur – How to Draw in New Buyers
- Stocking Stuffers Your Friends and Family Will Love
- Best Services To Send Flowers Around the World
- Understanding How Social Security Works: 5 Must-Know Facts
- Got A Flat? How To Change A Tire In 5 Easy Steps
HOW CAN CBD HELP IN ARTHRITIS
Two of the most significant and evident symptoms associated with arthritis that causes much inconvenience are pain and swelling. CBD has properties that help in reducing both pain and swelling, thus providing great relief to people suffering from this condition.
Our body has two cannabinoid receptors- the CB1 receptor and the CB2 receptor. The CB2 receptor helps in managing pain and inflammation. When CBD is administered, it attaches itself to the CB2 receptor and alters its function in a way that it reduces pain and inflammation. Besides that, CBD also has certain elements in it that are known to prevent inflammation.
These are some of the functions of CBD that can be extremely useful in managing certain symptoms associated with arthritis. There is still ongoing research, and more is yet to come. As there are more studies that support the usefulness of CBD oil for pain and inflammation associated with arthritis, we can expect an increase in its popularity and usage.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
Since CBD is a relatively newer compound that not many people know of, it can be difficult to purchase the right kind of product or administer it. Here’s a list of points that can help you if you intend to use a CBD product to manage arthritis:
· Make sure you buy the CBD product from a trusted seller. Since the CBD industry is not yet strictly regulated, you have to be a wise buyer and do your research before actually buying a product. Look for lab results and see what the seller claims.
· Start off with low doses. Since people have varying sensitivity for CBD, you can’t really expect one dose to have the same effect for all individuals. So, you have to work a little with the dosage and identify what works best for you.
· Make sure you only buy a CBD product that contains less than 0.3% THC. Since many sellers can possibly make false claims that their product does not contain THC, look for third-party lab results.
· Buy the right kind of product. There are a variety of CBD products, like CBD oil for pain, gummies, capsules, vape, edibles, etc. Knowing what product you would like to use is also important. Generally, when we talk about arthritis, CBD oil for pain is the best since it has a quick action.
That summarises everything about CBD oil for pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Besides arthritis, CBD can also be helpful in managing chronic back pain, pain from multiple sclerosis, and other conditions like anxiety, depression, stress, epilepsy, etc. Many people have been mistaking CBD products for the marijuana-based product upon finding out that it comes from cannabis as well. However, research has proven that CBD has many therapeutic benefits and articles like this will help clear all the misconceptions or doubts related to it.
In addition, since the CBD industry is still growing and flourishing, it’s always advisable to be cautious when purchasing a CBD product. Make sure you do a good amount of research so that you can avoid buying an adulterated product.