For many parents, spending time with children in nature looks like a test that requires superhuman vigilance and careful preparation. Pediatrics recommend to be more often with the kid in the fresh air but to do it not contrary to the comfort of adults. Today we will help moms and dads to understand how to organize a nature outing with a child so that everyone gets the most pleasure and benefit from this adventure.
To spend a safe and pleasant time together with your toddler, you should plan everything carefully and consider the following issues:
- from what age can you take a child on a picnic and vacation;
- which costumes are best for kids;
- what to take with you and how to use it.
It doesn’t matter where you will spend your time, you should choose only the most comfortable clothes that will also protect your child. In the toddler boutique The Trendy Toddlers, you can find both comfortable and stylish outfits for your little ones. Your child will feel cozy and safe and you will be able to join this time together and make numerous cute photos.
A Child in Nature – the Basic Rules
After discharge from the hospital, it should take from seven to ten days to be able to go for a walk with the baby. Usually, the first promenades occur near the house and not because the baby should not be taken far from the place of residence, but because a young mother or father feels excited and insecure. Well-chosen clothes and knowledge of safety rules are sufficient conditions not to be afraid of walks at any age. This also relates to toddlers, of course.
Toddler clothes for walks
The approach to clothes for kids for home and the street is not significantly different and comes down to the following rules:
- Any underwear should be made of natural fabrics. Buy bodysuits made of soft cotton and have a spare kit to replace when you need to wash the first one.
- Clothes for toddlers should be easy to take off and put on. Ties and ribbons are unreliable, so it is recommended to buy children’s sweaters with buttons.
Protecting a child in nature from heat stroke
The child’s body does not adapt well to temperature changes, so under direct sunlight, it often overheats. This can be prevented by following these rules:
- Do not leave your child in the sun without a hat. It is best to play in the shade, even if the day is not hot.
- For children’s skin, tanning is a huge stress, so it is better to think about the canopy and give up sunbathing, especially for children under three years.
- Monitor your child’s physical activity. This does not apply to infants, but older children often get heatstroke after active games in the sun.
- Sunscreens can be used, but they must be designed strictly for children.
- Give your baby plenty of water and do not overload them with food.
A great rule of thumb to protect your baby from unforeseen situations in nature is to test clothes, sunscreen, and food in a safe home environment. It is unnecessary to dress the child in a novelty, use new cosmetics, or try new food in unusual conditions. It is better to put all the experiments at home and take with you only proven options.
Protect your baby from bites
The use of insect repellents is not recommended for children under two years of age. Toddlers are protected from bites only with the right clothes and the attention of parents. The skin of children older than two years can be treated with baby repellents.
Holidays at Sea, in the Mountains, on the Islands
Some parents believe that every child should go to sea at least once a year to recuperate and gain strength for greater productivity. However, it is not entirely clear what a two-three-year-old child can rest from. This rule works well with students and older people who spend a lot of time indoors and lead a sedentary lifestyle. Preschool children with a properly planned daily routine and parents’ knowledge of how to dress a child for the weather, rarely need additional rehabilitation. Although this does not mean that you should not take children with you.
Adults go on vacation more often not for physical but psychological recovery. Changing conditions affect productivity and general well-being more than the mountains or the sea themselves. Traveling with a child should not be taken as a prerequisite for a happy childhood. Parents need them more, so they should not be burdensome neither for them nor for a small family member.
At what age can you travel with your baby?
Modern pediatrics allows you to take children on a trip from six months. And it is easier to have a rest with kids till 12 months, than with three-year-old toddlers. They feed on breast milk or a well-defined mixture, during the flight they are easier to put to bed, and they only need some familiar toys. Parents only need to buy clothes for babies according to the season and monitor the comfort of the baby as well as in their native lands.
How to choose a place to rest with a child
For the health of the child, it does not play a big role, whether they spend holidays with their parents by the lake or in Hawaii. The child’s body can fully develop even by the grandmother in the village. Gathering the right wardrobe with clothes for children and a first aid kit, you can relax anywhere in the world. The main thing is that the place was safe, and the baby was surrounded by adequate adults.
- Plan your vacation so that there are funds for emergency measures. It is better to restless but in better and safer conditions.
- Make sure that in the place where you eat with your child, there is an opportunity to get quality medical care.
- In unfamiliar conditions, it is dangerous to give a child unheated water. In the area where you will rest, there should be easy access to clean water and the ability to boil it.
It is better to find all the information about the place you are going to in advance. You can check the reviews of other tourists or contact the hotel and find out everything you need.
Is it possible to take a baby to exotic countries?
You should not take your toddler with you in really extreme conditions where the adults themselves may be in danger of being bitten by local insects or get indigestion from unusual food. Many trips require additional vaccinations, which are simply not done until a certain age. Moreover, unusual climatic conditions, supplemented by questionable hygiene, even with the right clothes can adversely affect the health of the child.
Overall, you should choose a safe place with a mild climate and persuade that it will be comfortable both for you and your little ones. Choose comfortable clothes made of natural materials and have a great holiday!