Every woman has the right to decide how she wants to deal with her body hair. If you are someone that does not want to get any sort of body hair removal done, then your opinion is just as valid as someone who chooses to get body hair removal services done, and that is how things should be. Now, for people who do choose to remove their body hair, there are a number of options ranging from hair removal creams to using epilators, razors, and of course, waxing.
If we talk about the best results in the long-term, then laser hair removal, a permanent means of getting body hair removed, is your best route. However, laser hair removal can get really expensive and is not something most people can afford. This is why your next best bet is to opt for waxing. Waxing is a hair removal method that involves placing hot wax with the direction of your hair growth, and then placing a strip on top, and pulling the hair out against the grain. Yes, it can get really painful, and the level of pain varies depending on where you are applying the wax, and since we are talking about bikini waxing in this article, we will talk only in reference to that. If you happen to be interested in getting a bikini wax done, then you should look into your local salons that offer bikini waxing services in Johns Creek and then choose from there.
Your first bikini wax will always be the most painful; however, if you follow the right steps and make sure to choose the right salon, you can still get a good experience and lasting results out of it.
- It is strongly advised that you consider the length of your bikini hair before going in for your appointment. If your hair is longer than 1/4th of an inch already, you should probably trim it before you go to the salon because the longer the hair, the more painful the waxing experience. Of course, the salon will end up trimming the hair first, but it is better to just do it yourself.
- It also recommended going to the salon for a bikini once your period is over. Going for a wax before your period or during your period will end up with you in a lot of pain because the entire region becomes more hypersensitive during that time of the month.
- Another way to try to reduce the pain of the waxing session is to take a painkiller an hour before your appointment. Of course, this might not work every single time, but a lot of women do tend to swear by it.
- If you have never gotten waxed before, it is strongly recommended that you do not opt for a full Brazilian wax your first time around. You want to ease yourself into the pain and become accustomed to it before you get into something that elaborate and thorough because a Brazilian wax will definitely be more painful than a bikini wax. So, start out by just getting your bikini line waxed, and if you find yourself satisfied with the results, opt for a little more area on your next appointment and so on. The aim here is to build your pain tolerance because if you jump directly into a Brazilian wax, the chances are that the pain and the level of invasiveness in the procedure might be too much for your first time and you find yourself never wanting to go again.
- Once you have gotten the wax done, make sure that the person that has done the wax applies a soothing lotion or oil on the area in order to make sure that you do not have any irritation afterward.
- It is also strongly advised that you wear loose and comfortable clothing on the day you are getting your wax done. This is to make sure that the hypersensitive post-wax skin does not run into any problems because of tight garments after the wax. So, loose and flowy clothes, especially post-waxing procedure, is recommended.
- Waxing is one of the best ways to get a cleaner and long-lasting job, but at the same time, you also want to make sure to exfoliate the area once every few days in order to make sure that there is no ingrown hair developing under your follicles because that is not a very desirable look. So, start exfoliating and scrubbing the area after your wax every few days in order to ensure that you get the best possible result in the long run.
- A good waxing salon is very important, so always make sure to do your research and ask around friends and people you know so that you know that you are going to place with professionals that will properly take care of you.