It is estimated that 183 million Americans own credit cards. With that many credit cards out there, that means that there are a lot of different types of cards as well. One major factor for deciding which card to get is what kind of rewards a person can get out of their card.
The financial institution, Barclays recognizes the importance of rewards. This is why they offer several cards, each specified to different lifestyles and situations. Known as the Barclaycard, the Barclays business credit card allows users to receive either miles or points depending on the program they are in.
So how exactly do these rewards work? Read on, and we will walk you through everything you need to know about the Barclays business credit card.
Overview of Rewards
All of the Barclays business credit cards earn either miles or points at various rates. Each card is unique, so picking the right one is especially important. There are certain cards that give you higher rewards depending on what you spend your money on. Barclays’s Rewards Mastercards typically give you 2 miles or points for every dollar that you spend on groceries or gas.
There are also cards that give you welcome offers, which include bonus points and miles that you receive once you make a purchase within a certain amount of time. Also, Barclays doesn’t put a limit on how many points you can earn, and there are no blackout dates for their miles.
Let’s take a look at some of their most popular cards and see how they work.
AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard
This Barclays business credit card is best for people who are frequent flyers of American Airlines. When you sign up for this card, you will be eligible for the 65,000 bonus miles welcome offer. All you have to do to receive these miles is make a $1,000 purchase within the first 90 days of opening your account.
Those who make a purchase on an employee card can earn another 10,000 miles.
You will also be able to earn consistent miles for American Airlines with this card. Some of the rewards include:
- 2x AAdvantage miles for every dollar that you spend on car rentals, telecommunications, and office supplies
- 2x AAdvantage miles for every dollar that you spend with American Airlines
- 1x AAdvantage miles for every dollar that you spend anywhere else
- 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus every year after the account anniversary date based on the number of miles earned with the card
It is important to point out that the AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard comes with a $95 annual fee. But with its many travel perks, the rewards that you earn could easily make up for the annual fee.
Other benefits include:
- First checked a bag is free
- You and up to four of your companions will receive preferred boarding on your American Airlines flight
- You do not have to pay foreign transaction fees on international purchases
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year
- Save 25% on drinks and food when you use your card on an American Airlines flight
Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard
For a limited time, people can get a welcome offer of 60,000 bonus miles when they make a purchase of at least $2,000 in the first 90 of their account’s opening. This card is best for frequent flyers of Hawaiian Airlines.
One of the coolest things about this Barclays business credit card is that it allows you to share your miles. You can receive and send HawaiianMiles from family and friends without a transaction fee.
This can be performed an unlimited number of times with the Share Miles programs. There is also no maximum or a minimum number of miles that can be transferred, no transaction fees, and no charges per mile.
Some of the rewards with this card include:
- 3x HawaiianMiles for every dollar that you spend with Hawaiian Airlines
- 2x HawaiianMiles for every dollar that you spend on grocery store purchases, dining, and gas
- 1x HawaiianMiles for every dollar that you spend on anything else
You are also eligible to receive a one-time 50% discount for a companion to travel with you between Hawaii and North America.
Other benefits include:
- First checked bag is free
- Discounted flights
- Receive a $100 companion discount for round trip flights between North America and Hawaii each year
We’d also like to point out that there is no annual fee for the first year of this card. But every year after there is a fee of $99.
These are just two examples of different Barclays business credit cards that you use to your advantage.
Other Barclays Cards
Barclays offers a wide variety of business credit cards that come with specified perks. The Priceline Barclays card is great for people who want rewards for all things travel. Users of this card get 5x points when they purchase on priceline.com. They earn 1x points on every other purchase, and there is no annual fee.
The Uber Visa card gives you 4% back when you purchase at restaurants, bars, and Uber Eats. You also get up to $600 in cell phone protection when you pay your monthly phone bill with your Uber card.
Picking The Right Barclays Business Credit Card For You
With nearly two dozen different options to choose from, there is a Barclays business credit card out there for everyone. When choosing the one that is best for you, consider where you often spend the most money and where points or mileage could most benefit you.
Looking for more interesting business articles? Check out our site for more!