There are certain things that should be looking for and some things to avoid when it comes to finding the best car shipping companies. Don’t forget to do enough research before trusting any company with the responsibility of shipping your vehicle. You can keep the following points in mind as these are some important questions to find a reliable car shipping company.
Know the Opinion of Their Previous Customers
Nowadays, it is quite easy to find the details of any company; you can simply search the company’s name and reviews on any search engine. You can check Google, Yelp, their Better Business Bureau profile, and other reputable review sites. It will help you in finding out what their customers say. It’s important to be customer-focused, and best car shipping companies know this. Most likely, they will most likely have lots of satisfied customers, and the company will definitely post their views if they are willing to talk about their positive experiences. And if you don’t see many reviews/ratings or there aren’t many good reviews, then it is an instant red flag. Don’t opt for this company and search further.
Know Their Business Background and Expertise
Experience makes a man perfect; this is not only a proverb for an individual but also for a company. Shipping your vehicle means you are relying upon a company with your valuable belonging and if the auto transport company that you’re considering hasn’t been in the business for long then rethink about your decision. An under experienced company may lack the experience of knowing the auto transport business inside and out. Be sure to talk to the company to know how their teams will handle situations that may be detrimental to your vehicle arriving on-time and damage-free.
Confirm if They Work with Reputable Car Carriers
Be sure that the company that you have chosen works with the best car carriers in the country and also understand the carrier is an extension of their company. A good auto transporting company will ensure your car arrives at its destination on-time and damage-free. Also, check if they are bonded with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and as well as are a licensed member of the FMCSA. You can also contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to check on a shipper’s license and insurance record. You can even find complaints posted by customers on the FMCSA site about shipping companies. Make sure you know who is actually shipping your vehicle. Very often, the initial company you contact is actually a broker and might not even be with the company you are thinking of using. So be sure to select only those brokers and companies who represent themselves and not a third party.
Be Sure that They Are Accessible When Needed
Customer satisfaction is the main motto of any good company, and auto transport companies are also not an exception. Be sure that you hire a company that makes it clear that they are accessible during business hours. Many companies provide voice mail or phone tag services, which are not very helpful. Their job is to make your life easier, not more frustrating.
Finally, Get a Quote
Once you are sure about the services of the company, next, get a quote online from the companies you have finalized. Make sure to check the type of vehicles that the company deals in before approaching the company for a quote as some companies specialize in certain types of vehicles, such as luxury cars for Executive Auto Shippers. Be aware of auto shipping companies that require an upfront deposit as these types of companies will sometimes take your money and not render services.
Know the Whole Shipping Process
You have all the right to ask questions dealing with any shipment you plan on making with an auto shipping company. You can ask following questions from auto shipping companies you are interested in:
- Five gift ideas for your little girl
- Top 5 Simple Photo Editing Software Programs of 2020
- 10 Design Tricks to Nail Your Coffee Shop’s Interior Design
- Top 3 Unique Gift Ideas
- 8 Communication Failures You May Not Know
- 5 Secrets of Writing a Successful Business Research Proposal
- 6 Things That Can Help You Find Inspiration for Writing?
- Four Most Common Mistakes Of The Rookie Traders
- Five ways your sales team will benefit from an efficient CRM software
- Find A Book By Genre
- What is the estimated time is taken in the shipping process as the auto-shipments do not happen overnight and generally auto shipping companies give a time range of one month from the time of pickup, and it can be even longer if delivering overseas.
- Ask if they offer covered or uncovered carrier options. Though an uncovered carrier is the least expensive option, it also exposes your vehicle to the elements when making its way to the destination.
- Know the scheduling of a vehicle pickup work. Generally, a company contacts you when a truck comes open to transport your vehicle as shipping companies do this to save money by making stops as they travel from point A to point B. If you want an exact pickup date, then you may have to pay extra.
- Know the type of delivery as delivery options include door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal vehicle delivery. In the case of door-to-door delivery, the company charges more, but it is a convenient way as the shipping company picks up and delivers your vehicle directly to your place. In the case of terminal-to-terminal delivery, you have to travel to the terminal to retrieve the car where the company drops off the car.
Moving a vehicle is very critical, and it is very important that you find a reliable and professional company for it. By adhering to these tips, you can ensure that the auto transport you hire moves your car safely and successfully.