The majority of people today are using mobile fitness apps to shed their weight, live a healthier life and get a perfect figure that too without spending a huge amount of money on getting gym memberships and adjusting their daily routines.
Health and fitness apps have become significantly popular in the past few years. There has been a huge level of adoption of fitness apps in the last few years. Besides, the users prefer to access these applications at least twice a week and at most 10 times a week on average. Along with the advent of accessories/wearables like fitness bands and others, users are becoming even more attracted and motivated to use these applications for making their lives healthier. This, as a whole, has driven the demand for fitness apps a lot.
Belonging to the fitness app development company, this is an opportunity for the business to invest in fitness application development and for getting huge benefits from this opportunity. But before developing an app, the business must understand the features that the users require, which can make the fitness app preferred by fitness freaks.
Mobile App Features Fitness Freaks Want
There could be different types of fitness-based mobile applications like weight loss apps, nutrition and diet apps, personal trainer apps, exercising and workout apps, and many more. To think about the features of the app, one must determine the type of health and fitness app development first. However, there are some basic features that are considered to be included in all types of fitness application:
- Account Creation: As fitness apps are expected to serve individuals, being able to create a personal account is the foremost feature to consider. The users must be facilitated with an individual account where they can feed their personal data, choose the facilities they want, and track their development easily.
- Customized Diet Plans:- The health and fitness app is supposed to be more like a personal fitness trainer in hand. Another most important feature could be including the customized diet plan in the fitness app. It helps users to create a personalized diet plan according to their body requirements.
- Workout Plans:- One of the essential features of the fitness app are a variety of workout programs for the users based on different levels i.e. beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Each type of plan for every stage of users.
- Allow to Keep Track of Daily Activity:- One of the unique features in the fitness app is allowing users to insert different physical activities and intakes, which are being performed by users outside of their homes. Later the mobile app tracks the user’s calorie intake throughout the day and gives detailed as well as summarized information about the total calorie burn and intake.
- Steps Tracking:- One of the must-have features of the fitness apps are tracking the steps of the users, which is highly recommended in include while creating a fitness app. With this feature, users are enabled to check their total steps walked in an entire day and calories burned while walking or running throughout the day.
- Community-based Aspect:- One of the best and motivating features of the app could be, including a social aspect in the app. The community-based feature in the fitness app makes users compete with and educate their friends and family members about different kinds of challenges and activities. By inducing this feature, the app could work as a social workout platform for users as well.
- Wearable Device Integration:- The most important feature that plays a vital role in the fitness app in today’s time is the integration of the app with wearable devices, i.e. allowing users to connect the app with different external devices. By this, the users keep track of their activities and exercise routine continuously.
- Notification System:- A missed workout can affect the user’s enthusiasm and interaction with the fitness app. Thus, it is essential that every fitness app should a notification system to keep the user updated and interactive. However, there should not be too many notifications that could annoy users. Keeping it interactive and not annoying, such should be the notification system to keep a user engaged with the app.
- Activity Log:- Along with tracking the daily record of the user, the fitness app should show a proper activity log to the user at the end of the day as well. The recorded stats on the fitness app inform fitness freaks about calories reduced and the time required to reach the desired goal. This supercharges the users and makes them more active to workout religiously.
- Audio/Video Guide:- The fitness app can be amped with an audio/video guide to improve the workout experience. A guide, like an instructor that can help the fitness app users to understand the correct way to do the exercise. This reduces the risk of injuries especially to the beginners, due to inappropriate postures and boosts their experience leading to encourage users to exercise daily.