You got a new car; you definitely love to drive it, as this gives you a smooth and comfortable driving experience, isn’t it?
But as time passes by, you start losing interest.
One of the reasons is, you get bored of driving the same car and want to go for a new experience.
Another is with time, your new car becomes old and demands maintenance for smooth functioning.
The same principle applies to eCommerce websites, as with time, they require maintenance to provide your users and a new and smooth experience.
Let us discuss top 3 proven methods to maintain eCommerce website with WordPress:
1. WordPress Updates: Update is the basic factor that is to be taken into consideration, for providing your customers with a smooth experience. WordPress updates are composed of version updates. It also includes your installed themes and WordPress plugins like WordPress – Woocommerce Push Notifications, and so on.
You need to pay close attention to the types of WordPress updates, as there are some crucial security patches along with the updates that must be installed as soon as possible. There are also some of the WordPress releases that come out with new features. These are not crucial and can be installed later on, as they contain some bugs that can cause you problems.
In this process, there are certain things you need to care of:
- Preparing Yourself for Exams at College
- 6 Things to Remember When Choosing Fiber Patch Cables
- JAIPUR, INDIA A GREAT OPTION FOR REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
- Tips on Managing Captcha in Omegle
- Safety Precautions for Using Lift Tables
- Best YouTube Channels 2020 you should know about
- Steps To Obtain A Passport For Your Child
- Interested in Real Estate Investing? 3 Tips on How to Get Started
- Achieving Your Educational Goals at College with Greater Ease
- The Best Korean Lip Tint to Try for Your Everyday Makeup Look
- Schedule: You need to have a specific schedule for updates to take place at a regular interval of time, to make sure that your sites are updating properly and consistently.
- Staging: WordPress staging environment plays a major role in testing updates regularly and then ensures to have a proper data plan to carry out updates without and interruption.
2. Security: Today, security is the main factor to consider in the process of maintenance. It not only provides you with proper safety but also lets your user share personal information without any fear of losing it to hackers.
For this, an update to server-side software, like PHP, is required; it also includes other items such as WordPress core, themes, plugins, and so on.
You can also use WordPress Security plugin like iThemes security for this purpose.
To understand security in detail, let us begin with securing your WordPress login page:
The default login URLs for WordPress make it easy for bots and other people with bad intentions to be ready to attempt a brute force style attack. This allows them to log into your site easily. Now what happens is, it enables a large network of malicious bots to simply scan your website for vulnerabilities. Then they take benefit of known exploits that would allow them to access your website.
To prevent this situation:
- you need to install a plugin that will change the login page URL.
- Further, you can install a plugin that will ban the IP address of a person, who is not able to login correctly.
- You can also activate two-factor authentications.
Then comes Username or Email address: For login purposes, an email address is always the best choice in comparison to the Username. Also, make sure that the email address which you are using should not be published on your site.
Passwords: Combination of Uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols with at least 15 characters and scheduled changing of the password will do the job for you.
Firewalls: Updated firewall helps to protect your site from Distributed Denial of Services (DDOS) attacks.
Last but not least, It is good to keep an eye on your WordPress site regularly for spotting any odd activity.
3. Monitoring: It is always better to look for problems yourself, before anyone else. For this purpose, the process of monitoring becomes handy for you. Performing the process of monitoring on a regular basis will help to keep your website responsive. This process is composed of:
- Auditing: Website auditing contains several tasks like increasing mobile responsiveness, Correcting broken links, fixing bugs from WordPress plugins and to work on outdated design tactics
- Editing: WordPress websites are a kind of living thing that continuously needs editing in the form of Quick touch-ups, revamping of blog styling or link structures, etc.
- Reporting: For those of you, maintaining WordPress websites for a mess of clients, you will definitely want to automate this. Maintenance reporting is basically composed of notes on everything you are tasked with managing. For instance, here are the varied modules that you can program into ManageWP.
Conclusion: eCommerce websites require proper maintenance in order to provide a smoother and eye-catching experience to your customers. A well-maintained website increases customer’s hang out the rate at your website, thus increasing the probability of a sale.
Wonderpush provides you a handy knowledge of maintaining your eCommerce website. Some knowledge is shared in this post that helps you to provide a unique look to your website, thus giving your customers a new experience. It also provides you with a WordPress-Woocommerce push notifications plugin service that further helps you to improve your sales.