Building your own website has become more and more popular in recent years. People no longer want to post on other sites, and no longer want to have to share code with other designers. This has fuelled the fire when it comes to more original websites being created, but this isn’t an easy process. That’s why we’re here to tell you how to make sure you build your own site correctly with our 10-point-list.
1. You need a clear goal. Every website is different, and every one serves a different purpose, which is why you need to set a goal when you first begin building yours and proceed to build it around that goal. Not having a clear goal will only cost you precious time and money, and will have a detrimental impact on the overall result.
2. State what your website is about clearly and quickly. No one visiting a website wants to be drawn into long winding passages about what the website contains- they’ll simply get bored. Make sure you are quick and to the point in order to keep your audience entertained.
3. Write your own content. As the website owner, you know better than anyone what its message is and what you want it to contain. Even if you plan on hiring other workers at a later stage, you should be the one to write the basic code and messages for your website. This will allow you to get across to your readers better.
4. Tell readers what you can do for them. The whole reason people visit websites is for some kind of help or assistance, so telling people straightaway what you can do for them is vital in keeping their attention.
5. Take inspiration from other websites. If you’re struggling with how you want your website to look or what you want to write, look at other websites you like and take their advice on board. Hopefully, you’ll have an inspired moment.
6. Choose a reliable website host. This is an important step when making sure your website remains secure and safe to use. WordPress is a good example but look into other hosts which will suit your website’s needs.
7. Consider future growth. If you expect your website to grow quickly, don’t use a platform that can only handle small websites. Look to the future.
8. Add photos of you and your team. People often forget there are real people behind the making of websites, so adding photos will humanize your site and make people more likely to keep surfing it.
9. Add contact information. Your customers will always want a way to contact the people who work at your website, so make sure they have the means necessary to do so.
- The Design Benefits of Pink Salt Lamps
- 8 Fun Facts About Casinos Everyone Needs to Know
- Top 4 ways to spruce up your home office
- 4 Things That Every Marketing Firm Needs
- In Which Games Can One Use Free Money No Deposit Bonuses?
- What To Look For When Touring a College Campus
- 7 Important Facts to Know About Motorcycle Batteries
- Healthy Hair In 5 Easy Steps
- Good web design and Bad web design: 5 examples you can learn from
- 5 Things To Do To Speed Up Your Recovery After A Motorcycle Accident
10. Make text easy to read. This may seem like a trivial step, but website designers are often too fancy and end up making their website unreadable. Keep it simple unless you have a reason not to.
You can check out more tips on building your own website by looking at MangoMatter’s step-by-step guide.