At this point, surely, you already know that social networks are not a simple fashion. It is a fantastic tool for you to maintain direct contact with your clients and interact with them in an agile and effective way. A good network strategy can help you meet your target audience, know their needs, and even anticipate their tastes.
But the first thing you should do is set up a Social Media action plan. It is a project in which you have to mark and describe the essential points of your strategy and the steps to take. In short, you should know what your objectives are. To make a good Social Media Marketing (SMM) plan, you must analyze several things.
Where did you come from, and where do you go?
Remember that you are going to prepare a marketing campaign, so you must consider:
- What your target audience is
- What service you want to sell
- What ultimate goal you pursue
But you also have to have a clear idea of what the environment and the geographical area in which you are going to move will be. And, of course, you should know what your competitors do.
Start with your website
A website is your cover letter on the Internet. Any marketing action you carry out in the online field will lead your potential customers to your page. So, you must take all the necessary steps to make it functional and attractive. And, you must keep it optimized so that it responds to your sales objectives.
What are the networks in which you are interested in?
Each social network has its specific audience and objective, and that is why you must analyze them to know which ones you are interested in while carrying out a campaign.
- Facebook is the most general network that allows you to carry out direct and real-time interaction with your consumers’ thanks to Messenger. It is a combination of all networks but more focused on leisure and interpersonal relationships. That is an ideal platform to create community and be in permanent contact with it.
- Twitter is more current-oriented and is perfect for keeping your followers aware of all the news you offer, especially if you generate highly specialized content. For example, if you are working with a website like https://www.buy-cheapessay.com/case-study-writing-service that provides help to specific customers, you can use Twitter to inform clients about discounts.
- LinkedIn is the professional social network with which you can inform your contacts of your news and business skills. It is perfect for B2B (Business to Business) interactions.
- Instagram helps you promote a brand via images. It is a good way to attract customers to your website or physical business spot. That platform is more popular among young people.
- Pinterest is the network in which people seek inspiration and ideas for new products. In the United States, only Facebook surpasses it when it comes to influencing users’ buying decisions.
Prepare a good content plan
You already have the main objective elements of your SMM plan. Now, you must prepare the “heart” elements of your campaign: the contents. The best support for these elements is a blog, because not only will it help improve the SEO of your website, but it will help you feed any social networks.
When designing your Social Media plan, you must determine:
- The frequency of the publications.
• On Facebook, they must be between 1 and 3 posts a day.
• Twitter supports up to four daily tweets.
• On LinkedIn, you should not post more than one content every business day. Instagram users support up to 2 photos per day.
• On Pinterest, you can refresh the boards two or three times a week.
- The language, which must be appropriate according to the target audience.
Now, let’s move to the aspects that can be measured.
One of the advantages of the Internet is that it allows you to measure everything, even the degree of your achievements. Some of them may be the following:
- Improve your brand image on social networks.
- Increase sales by 5% through online channels.
- Increase the number of followers on Twitter by 30%.
- Increase the number of subscribers to the mailing list by 20%.
- Improve customer service in social networks.
- Increase the visibility of your website and/or blog in search engines.
Well, it’s time to get down to work. With all the above already prepared, just start it up. So, update the profiles of your brand or company, expand your network, and start creating a campaign. Attract followers — it can be useful to make your way into the market easy.